Meets the highest demands on production and processes
Certified compliance with customer specifications
Short response and production times
Documentation to meet the most stringent regulatory requirements
Porsche Technology- and Developmentpartner.
Our team is available for further information and feedback at any time.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Prepreg Autoclave Process
For lightweight high-performance components
The prepreg autoclave process facilitates maximum material utilization and very lightweight, high-performing components. The components achieve the required strength and rigidity through appropriate choice of fiber alignment. The hardened plastic matrix holds the fibers together in the finished component and leads to optimal transmission of forces from fiber to fiber. Result: uniform high-quality material and perfect technical properties.
Strengths of the prepreg autoclave process:
- perfectly definable fiber deposit
- ideal fiber content
- low porosity
- high surface quality
- high temperature resistance
"Prepreg" stands for "preimpregnated fibers". Prepreg consists of infinite fibers and a plastic matrix that is unhardened, usually duroplastic. The fibers may be a unidirectional layer, a woven fabric or a non-crimp fabric. Prepregs are cut exactly to size on the cutter and laid in a mold in the desired sequence and alignment until the desired layer structure has been achieved. The components bring the required properties such as elasticity and rigidity through appropriate choice of fiber alignment. The filled mold is then subjected to a vacuum in a temperature-resistant film bag and hardened in a controlled manner under pressure and heat in digitally-controlled autoclaves. This can take 4-7 hours depending on the material and product. The component is then cooled in a controlled manner, removed from the mold and processed further
CONNOVA has the right expertise and resources for the prepreg autoclave process:
- temperature-resistant and exact molds and tools
- controlled freezing units for secure storage of the unhardened prepreg
- computer-controlled autoclaves for components up to 4 meters
- CNC cutting room for precise and efficient cutting to size
- clean and controlled laminating rooms to prevent external contamination
The prepreg autoclave process is used
- in the space industry: primary structures, solar panels, instrument supports
- in aviation: fuselage and wing structures, interior finishing, fairings, rotor blades
- in motorsport: chassis, suspension, aerodynamic structures, cowling
- in boat building: masts, hull structures on high-performance ships
- in mechanical engineering: robot arms, fast-moving machine parts, thermostable machining tables
- in medical engineering: X-ray transparent loungers, prosthetics (walking aids outside the body)
- in measurement technology: Thermostable tool carriers, optical benches